Bush administration delayed the levee projects in New Orleans
ClassWarz
2005-09-01 07:58:57 UTC
" It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to
handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price
we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we
are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue
for us."

-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish,
Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.

and

" The $750 million Lake Pontchartrain and Vicinity Hurricane Protection
project is another major Corps project, which remains about 20% incomplete
due to lack of funds, said Al Naomi, project manager. That project consists
of building up levees and protection for pumping stations on the east bank
of the Mississippi River in Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Charles and Jefferson
parishes. "

" Washington knew that this day could come at any time, and it knew the
things that needed to be done to protect the citizens of New Orleans. But in
the tradition of the riverboat gambler, the Bush administration decided to
roll the dice on its fool's errand in Iraq, and on a tax cut that mainly
benefitted the rich. "

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/002331.html

There's a lot more on this at the link above. It looks like there will be a
lot of questions asked as to why the Bush administration was slow to get
this job finished.

ClassWarz
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim
2005-09-01 10:57:19 UTC
the bush should be sentenced to death for all of the people that died in new
orleans.
Liberal Democrat Looting Maggots
2005-09-01 12:17:51 UTC
YOu mean Clinotn did not do it after 8 years in office ! Damn Clinton! He
said he was teh First Black President too !
Rob Olsen
2005-09-01 12:30:46 UTC
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:17:51 -0400, "Liberal Democrat Looting Maggots"
Post by Liberal Democrat Looting Maggots
YOu mean Clinotn did not do it after 8 years in office ! Damn Clinton! He
said he was teh First Black President too !
No , it was bush who ended the funding.
-

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? Oh, I
mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my
beautiful mind on something like that?"

-Barbra Bush
Liberal Democrat Looting Maggots
2005-09-01 12:37:12 UTC
========================

So obviously the 8 years of Clinton's rebuilding the levys was incompetence.
Cisco Kid
2005-09-01 14:33:50 UTC
Post by ClassWarz
" It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to
handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price
we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we
are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue
for us."
-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish,
Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.
Haven't you heard? An anti-missile sheild is far more important than some
dirt levee.
Modernize our electrical infrastructure? Nah, we definitely need MORE
nucular bombers.
ClassWarz
2005-09-02 09:23:29 UTC
Post by Cisco Kid
Post by ClassWarz
" It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to
handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price
we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we
are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue
for us."
-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish,
Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.
Haven't you heard? An anti-missile sheild is far more important than some
dirt levee.
Modernize our electrical infrastructure? Nah, we definitely need MORE
nucular bombers.
I've been around this country a lot during the past few years; everything is
falling apart. How about a Marshall plan for the US?

ClassWarz
Uncle Albertan
2005-09-02 10:09:14 UTC
Post by ClassWarz
Post by Cisco Kid
Post by ClassWarz
" It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to
handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price
we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we
are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue
for us."
-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish,
Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.
Haven't you heard? An anti-missile sheild is far more important than
some dirt levee.
Modernize our electrical infrastructure? Nah, we definitely need MORE
nucular bombers.
I've been around this country a lot during the past few years; everything
is falling apart. How about a Marshall plan for the US?
ClassWarz
How about the free countries of the world (those whose citizens can still
spell democracy) just spray your shit pit (otherwise known as the United
States of Assholes) with maggot killer and then give the land back to the
Indians. There is no cure for the disease that infects your "nation". The
only solution is to burn out the vermin carrying the disease regardless of
political stripe.

I AM Canadian!! You are shit.
Tuco
The indians used to own your land too. When are you leaving again?
Uncle Albertan
2005-09-02 10:54:49 UTC
Post by Uncle Albertan
only solution is to burn out the vermin carrying the disease regardless of
political stripe.
I AM Canadian!! You are shit.
The indians used to own your land too. When are you leaving again?
We're not leaving. Once you merkin maggots are eradicated we're giving
those lands to our Indians because you maggots murdered all yours and we
didn't.

I AM Canadian!! You are shit.
ClassWarz
2005-09-02 14:15:50 UTC
Post by Uncle Albertan
Post by Uncle Albertan
only solution is to burn out the vermin carrying the disease regardless of
political stripe.
I AM Canadian!! You are shit.
The indians used to own your land too. When are you leaving again?
We're not leaving. Once you merkin maggots are eradicated we're giving
those lands to our Indians because you maggots murdered all yours and we
didn't.
I AM Canadian!! You are shit.
You can't be a Canadian; Canadians don't hurl abuse like right-wing
Americans do.

ClassWarz